Top 5 Amusement Parks in India
There are dozens of theme and amusement parks in India. However, only a few of them are outstanding. Find out which ones are worth your money in this list of the top 5 amusement parks in India. You'll be able to enjoy everything from wet 'n' wild rides to film making. If you can, it's advisable to arrive early, as well as avoid the weekend and holiday crowds.
1.) Wonder La
Wonder La is a world-class amusement park that doesn't disappoint. It's modern, clean and green, and has a wide variety of attractions. There are over 50 rides, 12 of which are water based and nine especially for small children. If you love getting wet, don't miss the Rain Disco -- an indoor dancefloor with psychedelic laser lights and a rain system that provides showers of warm water, choreographed to the music. There's also a resort on the premises, so you can stay there.
- Location: 30 kilometers from Bangalore, on the Bangalore-Mysore Highway.
- Ticket Price: Adults 495 rupees weekdays, 625 rupees all other days. Children 390 rupees weekdays, 470 rupees all other days.
- Open: Monday to Friday 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. Saturday, Sunday, Holiday and Festival seasons 11 a.m. until 7 p.m.
2.) Veega Land
Lush and tropical Veega Land is set into the side of a hill, and has around 40 rides and attractions. The rides are classified into four types: Family, Water, Kiddies, and Hair Raising. Wonder Splash, a boat journey into a cave filled with mystery followed by a spash down into a crystal clear pool, is popular. There's a 3D movie theater as well.
- Location: In Pallikkara, about 15 kilometers from Kochi in Kerala.
- Ticket Price: Adults 380 rupees weekdays, 500 rupees all other days. Children 290 rupees weekdays, 380 rupees all other days.
- Open: Monday to Friday 10.30 a.m. until 6 p.m. Saturday, Sunday, Holiday and Festival seasons 10.30 a.m. until 7 p.m.
3.) Kingdom of Dreams
The newly opened Kingdom of Dreams is a huge entertainment and leisure destination that brings together the carnival that is India. It encompasses both Indian culture and performing arts. The highlight is Culture Gully, an elaborate arts, crafts, and culinary boulevard -- complete with street performers. It's like an air conditioned version ofDilli Haat. Other features include a state-of-the-art auditorium, and an amphitheater for live productions. Don't miss seeing a live Bollywood musical!
- Location: Near IFFCO Chowk Metro Station, Sector 29, Gurgaon (Delhi).
- Ticket Price: Entry to Culture Gully is 700 rupees, of which 600 rupees is redeemable on food.
- Open: Tuesday to Sunday, 1 p.m. until 1 a.m.
4.) Ramoji Film City
Ramoji Film City is a huge film studio complex where thousands of Indian movies are filmed every year. If you've ever wanted to see how movie sets come to life, this is the place. It also has a theme park with rides, and entertainment park for kids. Andhra Pradesh Tourism runs regular bus trips to visit Film City from Hyderabad.
- Location: Around 25 kilometers from Hyderabad, in Andhra Pradesh.
- Ticket Price: Packages start from 400 rupees for adults and 350 rupees for children, for a guided tour.
- Open: Daily, 9 a.m. until 6 p.m.
5.) Essel World
Essel World was the first amusement park in India and has managed to remain a favorite. It has over 30 rides, a Water Kingdom water park, bowling alley, ice skating rink, and Aquadrome dancefloor. The highlight is the frightening new Monsters in the Mist dark ride, which is apparently the first of its kind in India.
- Location: Gorai, in the outer north west suburbs of Mumbai. It's around 40 kilometers from the city center. Take a ferry from Marve Beach or Gorai Creek.
- Ticket Price: Combined ticket for Essel World and Water Kingdom, adults 610 rupees on weekdays and 710 rupees on weekends/holidays. Children 480 rupees on weekdays and 580 rupees on weekends/holidays.
- Open: Weekdays from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Weekends from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Another New One missing :
Source : http://goindia.about.com