Just like you ,i love reading what people say,this time i stopped by a post where author Daryl Montgomery defines 8 reasons why another recession is imminent.
Some of them i think are really good and indicate strongly in support of this theory,
- Falling of U.S. orders for durable goods
- Industrial output in China fell 2.8%
- The ECRI (Economic Cycle Research Institute) weekly leading indicators index has fallen as low as minus 10.5
- Negative Consumer Metrics Institute’s Growth Index
- U.S. trade deficit widened in May and was the largest in 18 months
- Falling U.S. consumer confidence
- Unemployment stats
- The economic cheerleader-in-chief, Fed Chair Ben Bernanke, gave a gloomy report on the U.S. economy last week in his bi-annual testimony before congress.
Though we cannot reject these reasons why author still believes that there might be a recession coming but i think things are more under control as compared to past.